The Korean Society of Emergency Medicine
The Korean Society of Emergency Medicine became an associate member of Korean Academy of Medical Science in November, 1991, and it was approved as a regular member in June, 1995.
Since the foundation of the society, affairs were performed majorly by directors.
However, as affairs of the society increased, subcommittees were installed in 1996 for executive directors to divide affairs.
In order to adapt to rapidly changing medical environments, the executive system of the society was revised.
A special director system was newly established for more detailed division of affairs.
The board of directors is working on affairs of academics, examinations, trainings, finances, plannings, publications, insurances, liaisons, domestic and foreign educations, policies, information and without portfolios.
Each director operates a committee to divide and handle affairs quickly.
The board of directors is composed of 3 small board of directors to replace regular board of directors.
The three small boards of directors are academics, policies and plannings/information.
Academic small board of directors is working on academics, examinations, trainings and publications.
Policy small board of directors is working on policies, insurances, liaisons and finances.
Planning/information small board of directors is working on plannings, information and domestic and foreign educations.
Different web sites and e-mails are prepared for each committee to perform affairs more efficiently and economically.
The major affairs are about planning and progresses of conferences (spring conferences and fall conferences) of the Korean Society of Emergency Medicine.
- ① In principle, spring conferences are held in the 3rd Thursdays and Fridays of every April.
- ② In principle, fall conferences are held in the 3rd Thursdays and Fridays of every November.
- ③ Abstracts to be presented at conferences should be submitted to Academic Committee 40 days before the conference.
It deals with opinions about medical disputes or medical malpractices and academic exchanges with other related groups.
It is also writing 2 specialist exam problems for each subjects of symposiums and training lectures in conferences.
Chun Song Youn(Seoul St. Mary’s Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea)
* The committee is in charge of the following affairs related with specialist examination.
- ① Development of the 1st examination questions for specialist examination.
- ② Solutions and readjustments of questions.
- ③ Selection of questions.
- ④ Management of the 2nd examination for specialist examination.
Seong Beom Oh (Dankook University Hospital)
Training Committee handles overall matters about trainings of emergency medicine specialists.
The affairs of Residency Training Committee are:
- ① overall matters about training courses and contents of specialists,
- ② investigation of hospitals for emergency medicine training,
- ③ cooperation and communication on matters related with specialist trainings with Korean Hospital Organization,
- ④ researches and developments of methods for quality improvements of emergency medicine specialist training,
- ⑤ affairs about personal statuses of emergency medicine specialist and their training issues.
- ⑥ affairs about outlines of emergency medicine area among hospital standardization evaluation, and
- ⑦ other matters related with specialist training.
Kyoung Jun Song (SMG-SNU Boramae Medical Center)
Exhibition & Public Relation Committee is in charge of domestic and international affairs of the Korean Society of Emergency Medicine, public relations of conferences and public relations of journals.
Domestic and international affairs include promotions of medical lawmaking by composing task force teams in cooperation with polity team leader of Korean Academy of Medical Science in case there are disadvantageous laws or no necessary laws for emergency medicine specialists and status of emergency medicine.
Also, recently, the committee is working as a member of TFT supervised by the policy team leader about matters related with emergency medicine funds in order to help the society members.
The enterprises participating in conferences are very important for public relations of the society. For developments of the Korean Society of Emergency Medicine, more members should stop and sign the visitors' book by at the booth during the conference periods.
Also, please participate in conferences and sign visitors books for all booths as much as possible. If there are companies you want to recommend, please contact to Exhibition & Public Relation Committee of the Korean Society of Emergency Medicine.
If you have suggestions and advices for Exhibition & Public Relation Committee, please contact us via the following E-mail
Yong Su Lim (Gil Medical Center, Gachon University)
- ① Bimonthly publication of the Journal of the Korean Society of Emergency Medicine (February, April, June, August, October, December)
- ② Researches for improvement of matters related with the Journal of the Korean Society of Emergency Medicine (submission regulations, submission ways, etc.)
- ③ Researches to improve the quality of journals
Sangchun Choi (Ajou University School of Medicine)
Policy Planning Committee deals efficiently with frequently changing emergency medicine policies, develops policies for emergency medicine developments by composing policy teams and reflect such policies actively to related organizations in order to enhance interests of all members and quality of emergency medicine.
Hyun Wook Ryoo (Kyungpook National University School of Medicine)
Information Committee collects domestic and foreign information about emergency medicine and introduces such information to the society members to promote developments of emergency medicine area. It also performs maintenance and repairs of the society web site.
- ① Management of the society information
- ② Production of the web site
- ③ Overall management, operation and upgrades of the web site
- ④ Other affairs related with information management of the society
Jinwoo Jeong (Dong-A University College of Medicine)
The major affairs of Public Relations Committee are establishments and promotions of public relation policies, and it handles overall matters about domestic and international public relations of the society.
- ① overall affairs related with public relations of the society including establishment and executions of public relations about emergency medicine to citizens, the government, the press and members,
- ② matters related with production and publication of public relation data, and
- ③ other matters assigned by other committees.
Sung-Woo Lee (Korea University Medical Center)